I started my blog for me, as a way to keep track of everything I cook, the classes I go to, recipes I modify and to keep me inspired to cook. And maybe also to justify my growing cookbook collection. I thought my Mum and a few friends would read it.
I wasn’t expecting to have people from all over the world reading and following my blog. I still write the blog for me, but I am continually excited and inspired by the fact that people are reading my blog, and liking what they read. So I was thrilled when The Peckish Kiwi nominated my blog for The Versatile Blogger Award.
The rules for this award are as follows:
Thank the person who gave you this award (done – thanks again).
Include a link to their blog. Here it is http://thepeckishkiwi.com/
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here, in no particular order are my 15 nominations of blogs I follow or have recently discovered and liked posts on.
Hiking photography – breathtakingly beautiful photography.
My dear bakes – Cake decorating that inspires me.
Cupcakes always win – aside from the great name, beautiful photos and food.
Moon Pie Lullaby – a writer in culinary school learning to be a pastry chef.
Arctic grub – food from Norway. Not something I see a lot in Western Australia!
Daisy and the Fox – lots of baking and beautiful photos.
Stefi Jakab – another pastry chef in training. What can I say, I like reading about patisserie school.
Clairellyn’s Cupcakery – beautiful brush rose cookies.
The Little Spork – sweet and savoury recipes that I want to try.
Amanda Penny Cakes – a hospital doctor and Mum taking a year off and training for a diploma in patisserie. Amazing cake decorating/sugar modelling too.
Just enough sugar – Lots of baking and also studying to be a pastry chef.
Little bit sweet – baking tips and tricks
Bittersweet haven and other random stuff – baking and “other stuff”
Optimistic musings (of a pessimist) – great looking recipes. I want to try the chewy coconut oatmeal delights.
Southern girl, skinny kitchen – comfort food & healthy eating. I really want to try the hummingbird cookie recipe.
And now 7 facts about me:
- Until around the age of 15 I refused to wear jeans or anything made of denim. I can’t tell you why, I just wouldn’t wear it. At 15, after moving to a school that didn’t have a uniform just a dress code (black, white and grey) it became impossible to not wear jeans so I started wearing them. Today I love my jeans.
- I have three university degrees (2 Bachelors and a Masters).
- I really don’t like capsicum or (fresh) coriander. I will eat them if served them, but I don’t cook with them.
- Until I started doing musical theatre, I was as shy as a mouse. I’ve become more confident over the years and today the people I work with don’t believe that I was ever shy.
- Further to point 4, I don’t get nervous when I’m performing on stage in a musical, however I still get terribly nervous singing “as me” and at auditions.
- My genre of choice for reading, TV and movies (besides cooking of course) is science fiction/fantasy.
- I find I can’t drink anything alcoholic any more without getting a migraine. Not even one glass. So I no longer drink, which is a shame as I make a great death by chocolate cocktail!